DIY- Purple Ombré Hair + Tips on colour dying in general

10:08:00

FTC I AM NOT A HAIR DRESSER AND ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN BASED ON PAST EXPERIENCES?

I love dyeing my hair different colours, I think it's a way of expressing my personality and it adds an instant pizzaz with out even trying. If your not sure about dyeing your hair or want to change it around regularly( like me) then I recommend using a semi permanent dye, I use directions and crazy colour although I hear that manic panic is good although a tad more expensive.

DO YOU HAVE TO BLEACH YOUR HAIR FIRST? 
Ombréing or Dip dying is also a great way of dyeing your hair if you don't want to lose your natural colour as the top stays as it is and wont be at all effected. If you want to you can have your hair bleached to colour ombré, I have mine done as I like it when I don't have colour in and it makes the colour more vibrant and last longer, HOWEVER let it be known that you don't have to dye your hair to still get great results from Dip dyeing, the on,y cons of this are that it wont last as long ( around 3 washes) and may be darker depending on your hair colour, but If you don't want to bleach your hair because you don't want damage or just because your not sure about colouring yet then you can dye straight on your hair, a positive to this is that it won't stain your hair for ages like colour does when being used on bleached hair.
This is my friends Abbis hair which I dyed with the same method although didn't bleach first.

HOW TO GET RID OF STAINED HAIR?
The short answer to this question is with time, typically after 3-4 weeks all the traces of colour are gone from my hair, however there are a few things you can try if you want to get the colour out faster. 
1. If like me you don't wash your hair everyday switch to doing this whilst getting the colour out as the more you expose your hair to water the more the dye fades.
2. Swim in a chlorinated pool, swimming is a quick way of removing hair colour. An hours swim leaves the hair much lighter than before so try swimming a few times a week to help get the colour out faster. Be warned that obviously if you don't want your hair colour to fade fast try and avoid swimming in this period or wear a swimming cap to reduce exposure. 
3. If you hair goes green from chlorine  then some people suggest using tomatoes to get the green undertones out and although this may work on chlorined green hair, it didn't work for me when my turquoise hair faded green  so sorry guys your going to have to wait a little longer to get that colour out.

WHAT DO I USE?
A top you don't mind getting dye on.
 Gloves to stop your hands from staining.
 A pot for mixing. I use an old Chinese container.
             
A tinting brush.
White conditioner. This was 99p from superdrug.
 Your choice of dye.

HOW I MIXED MY PURPLE DYE?  
 Add a small amount of conditioner to your pot.
Then depending on whether you want more blue or pink undertones add your base colour and mix.
To darken the colour I then added some of the sky blue.
 And mixed
Finally slowly add the pink till you get to your desired shade.
When this is mixed apply it to the hair. I also added some streaks of just pink and just blue to give it more dimension and look more tonal. If you want to know how I applied it to my hair check out my YouTube channel were I have two videos on ombreing :)

The final result.

You Might Also Like

0 comments